\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, May 16, 2008

Dun-dun-dun-duuuuun!

I started watching my diet just last Sunday (after finding out from my doc that I have high BP). Ogz introduced me to unsalted butter, asparagus, grilled food and eating healthy stuff. I got some eggs substitute and less-sodium bacon. I don't even put salt on my food anymore. Plus, I read food labels now. 

I was hoping/praying that diet (plus the meds prescribed to me) would help lower my BP. Every time I use my talking BP monitor, it still gives me "according to World Health Organization, your BP is high". Not very encouraging.

So I was really anxious to see the doctor today. I tried to relax when the nurse wrapped my upper arm and checked my BP. It's the longest 15 seconds of my life. It didn't help too when she's gone quiet and kept on pumping.

Then she uttered, "124 over 80". Whhhhaaaat? Greatest news ever!

She left and then my doctor appeared. I asked for his name this time. Dr. Kesar Chaudhary. He checked my BP again. Oh my god. I thought my problem is over.

He delivered the news, "120-ish over 80 sumpthin". He asked, "felt good?" Hell yeah!

He prescribed "Atenolol" for another 60 days. 3 months on meds. I can live with that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pwede ka na ulit kumain ng salty food nyan..pag tumaas na naman BP mo hinto ng kain tapos pag bumaba kain ulit tapos pag tumaas hinto ulit tapos pag bumaba kain ulit tapos pag tumaas hinto ulit tapos pag bumaba kain ulit tapos pag tumaas hinto ulit tapos pag bumaba kain ulit tapos pag tumaas hinto ulit tapos pag bumaba kain ulit tapos pag tumaas hinto ulit tapos pag bumaba kain ulit tapos pag tumaas hinto ulit...magsasawa din ang BP mo.

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

natanong mo na kung reimbursable yung meds at doctor's fee? nako, dapat reimbursable yan kasi wala tayong medical insurance dito sa US. sobrang lugi tayo. :-(

nako mabuti naman at ngayon nagbabasa ka na ng food labels. kung maiiwasan mo yung bacon, iwasan mo na lang. Kasi kahit low-sodium yan, mataas pa din ang sodium content nyan. also, stay away from food that are high in calorie and high on fat. para mag-lose ka ng weight. tsaka di ibig sabihin, puro salad lang makakain mo. just watch what you eat. pag nag-lose ka ng weight, makakatulong yon para bumaba bp mo.

at sikapin mong magbalik-loob sa pag-eexercise.:-)

sana tuloy tuloy na pagbaba ng bp mo. at sana kahit bumama maging conscious ka pa din lagi sa health mo. you're not getting any younger! hehehe. magte-35 ka na this year!!!
REALITY CHECK...

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home