\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Alwyn's "Shakey's" Spaghetti

Two months ago, when I found out that Alwyn is coming back here in the US, I got excited. I remember how good he cooks one of my favorite dishes--spaghetti. So one day, I told him about my request. And one Sunday, we had a hearty lunch at their apartment. He cooked a very delish spaghetti.

Honestly, I was "bitin". I wanted more of it. I asked for the recipe and he told me about the main ingredients: ground beef, beef cubes and Del Monte spaghetti sauce. Too bad, I don't have the beef cubes and the local sauce so I improvised.

I did my grocery and bought the following:
1 head of garlic
1 red onion
1 big ripe tomato
green pepper
ground beef
pepperoni
fettuccine
Simply Joy Tomato & Basil spaghetti sauce

First thing I did was to cook the pepperoni. I got this pack of peps and they are already thinly sliced. Perfect for pizza too.

I sautéd the garlic, onion and the diced tomatoes. The beef joined them afterwards.

When the ground beef was cooked, I threw in the green pepper. The sauce came in later.

After a few minoots, I put the pepperoni in.

I was going after the Shakey's style but due to the different sauce, it came out differently. But I'm happy with my cooking. I can do it again back home ;oP Thanks, Alwyn, for sharing this recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home