My Photo
Location: Philippines

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Going Home

Woke up at 9 today and quickly took my hot shower. Can't believe we're going home today.

I didn't have time to eat what Joy cooked anymore so I grabbed my lunchbox and dumped in there some garlic fried rice, bacon, eggs and gyoza. Airport food is plain yucky.

Joy drove us to the airport. 2 luggage sat beside me at the back. While 4 other bags are placed in the trunk.

Bid goodbye to our friend who will stay in Ashburn for 2 more days. I went directly to AA for my check-in procedure. While inputting my information in their check-in kiosk, Ogz appeared at my side and suggested to do a baggage weigh-in.

Found out that both of my luggage are overweight. Dayyum! I quickly made adjustment. I even put some in my carry-on.

When the actual check-in time came, the lady behind the counter accepted my two luggage. Good thing, they didn't let me weigh my carry-on.

Went back to join my friends. We had lunch first at Fuddruckers. I had my own lunch to enjoy. Yummy.

After lunch, we parted ways. Freya, Jet and Michelle went to the Northwest gate. Michael, Rene and Ogz went to their Korean Air gate. While I, alone, looked for my AA gate. It's located at the far end of the airport so it was such a long walk.

Watched some episodes of "Californication" while waiting for my 2 o'clock boarding time.

Was too sleepy to notice what's going on during my trip to LA. I brought my sleeping mask from The Sharper Image and I'm telling you, it's the best mask ever!

I bought the latest book of J.K. Rowling, "The Tales of Beedle the Bard". Finished it quickly. I was planning to listen to the Twilight saga audiobooks that Joy gave me but I accidentally deleted them during a sync in. Fudge!

Around 4:30-ish, we touched down. While looking for the baggage claim area, I found this store that sells Ed Hardy stuff. Hallelujah! I bought a brown shirt that matches my new Christian Audigier shoes. Funky!

I have 2 big baggage so I took a cart. After a few minoots, I noticed that the carousel stopped turning. Dayyum! My bags are not here. I asked a uniformed officer and she informed me that my bags will appear in Manila. Sweet!

I went outside and proceeded to the adjacent building for my check-in. Went up the third floor and looked for the PAL counters. When it was my turn, the officer asked me to weigh my carry-on. Fudge! It's overweight. He told me that I might have to pay the 150-dollar fee. Another Fudge! I calmed myself down. I asked him what my options are. He advised me to take out my other laptop and just carry it. When he weighed my bag, it was 10 kilos. Yay!

Since my plane won't be flying out till 10 pm, I grabbed a bite. There are restos on the second floor. I got myself some mix combo (beef & chix). Bleh! It didn't even come close to the taste of Yoshinoya. My head started to ache because of lack of food so I just ate some of it.

Afterwards, I went through security and started looking for my gate (104). It was a freakin' long walk. SonofaBiatch! I was cursing while walking.

There was time to rest while waiting to get boarded. Whew!

At 8:20, we started boarding. There's a LOT of passengers and people were chatting about the Pacquiao-Dela Hoya fight. I was happy to find out that my Manny won ;oP

We're supposed to fly at 10 but a passenger got ill so we had to return to the Terminal. Don't we have an inflight doctor in cases like this? It also took some time for the officers to claim his/her stuff. We're up in the air after 30 minutes.

For dinner, they served chicken curry. There's a seafood meal but they ran out of it. I watched a bit of "The Mummy:Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". Tried to get some rest.

At 5:30 am, we touched down in Manila. Thank God, I'm back home safely. 

At 10 am, am back home in Bulacan. Ate Fel, our neighbor, cooked me some adobong pusit, which I missed dearly.

After lunch, I tried so hard to fight jetlag. I decided to do some shopping at Trinoma. Found a nice pair of pants at Zara.


Post a Comment

<< Home