\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Illustration Friday: Aging

When I learned about the topic for the week, I immediately thought of doing a tree age. Y'know those circles that determine a tree's age? Thought better of it. Next, I thought of doing birthday candles.

I'm a big Starbucks fan. Their coffee specials are illustrated on blackboards with colorful chalks. I imitated that art with my submission. Another thing I did, I infused actual images of candle flames ;o)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great take on it, Don. I dig the symbolism and the chalkiness. :)

3:53 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh wow i didnt noticed until you said it was real flame.. neat idea! and luv the colors as well!

4:25 AM  
Blogger isay said...

i was right, you are really a starbucks lover, nice illustration!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done Don. I really like the chalk on the board effect. Brings back my first grade teaching days.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Cool illo. Great colors! I like how you explained how you put it all together. Great idea too!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Rowantree said...

Nice colors and great concept !!

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chalk-o-rific, Don. I like your approach.

Meg @ June 25th

10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:D good idea.. nice colors and illo..

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home