\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, January 29, 2005

First Brotherhood in Batangas

I met my fellow brothers at Don Bosco a few minoots before 1 pm. When I got there I thought I was the last one again. Good thing, it wasn't the case. Since we had to wait for the others, I prayed at the Blessed Sacrament first.

As a group, we offered a prayer before leaving Manila around 2 pm. I went with Dennis, Caloy, and Joel.

First stop was at the Petron station. After relieving myself, I joined my brothers at Jollibee. I wasn't hungry because I had brunch at home. I bought some water though.


The ride to Algi's house in Batangas was fun. We enjoyed some chips and even prayed the rosary. I don't know when I prayed my rosary last. We also bought some uncooked rice, some green mangoes, and junk food (Boy Bawang was a crowd favorite) at a market near Algi's house.

When we reached our destination, we dropped our stuff and immediately prepared our dinner. Dennis brought some tilapia. I thought it was a good idea to help removing the scales and the nasty stuff inside a fish's belly. It wasn't. After finishing one, I looked for a better task to do. I let Joel, Caloy, and Dennis cook the fish.

Ramil had so much fun directing his staff on the food that they're preparing. I saw Reden working his way on the flour. I found out later that they're gonna cook some breaded porkchops. Randy worked on his ensalada.

Danny was preparing for the Lord's Day celebration.

After seeing that everyone had their own tasks, I gave up. I offered to wash the dishes instead.

Before savoring our dinner, we celebrated "Lord's Day". It's like having mass. It's a celebration that brings back an age-old practice where people offer their Saturday nights (after 6 pm is like Sunday for them) to our Christ. It's a day of rest and worship. And that's what we intended to do this weekend.

We sang a few songs, including one of my favorites, "Power of Your Love".

Part of the ceremony was to eat unleavened bread. We had focacia, cheese, and some red wine. Perfect!

Then it's dinner time!!! Our food, composed of breaded porkchops, fried tilapia, some soup with spareribs and corn, and ensalada, was prepared on the traditional banana leaves. I even put our rice on the leaves. It was a "majestic" dinner, according to Ramil. Of course, there was picture taking involved. Isco brought his digicam.

After dinner, it was time for me to work. I washed the dishes with Joel's assistance. Later on, we joined our brothers in the living room. They began drinking beers and eating Boy Bawang. I really controlled myself not to drink even one SanMig Light. I waited till Randy uncorked the white wine. I had that with focacia and cheese.

We sang some hits like "Ako'y Sa Yo at Ika'y Akin Lamang", "Huwag Na Lang Kaya", "Banal na Aso", "Wonderful Tonight", "Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw", etc. Joel introduced the song, "Bendato", and it goes like, "Beeeen da to of us need look no moreeee". That was hilarious!

Ramil noticed that Ed wasn't singing nor participating in the story telling so he danced the strut, hoping that Ed would participate in the dance. There was a loud "awwwwwwwww" after his non-participation. Then we tried again. This time, we all screamed!!! That brought the house down.

Later on, we learned a new song, "You are my All in All", and here's the lyrics:


You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all

Seeking you as a precious jewel
Lord to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again, I bless your name
You are my all in all

When I fall down you pick me up
When I am dry you fill my cup
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your Name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your Name

According to Ramil, am Alto. He told me to join him. During practice, Ramil made fun of Gabo. There were times when we don't get it right but I truly enjoyed doing second voice.

We finished the practice around 2 am. I immediately went to bed It wasn't a cold night so I turned on the fan. I brought my own blanket too. The next day, I found out that it was Dennis who shared my bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home