\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Lazy Sunday Afternoon Vol. 1

It's Sunday once again. Woke up at 12:30. Missed SOP's opening number. When I checked it, Malik was singing already. It's time to cook my brunch. Since I had meat the day before, I cooked some boneless bangus. Unfortunately, there wasn't anyone to eat the belly so I just scrapped it.

After watching SOP, Reg had only one number (with Kyla), I continued my painting. To be precise, it's a paint-by-number calendar I bought at PowerBooks. I hope I wouldn't hear any more comments about my this. =oP This time, I concentrated on the rug portion. Y'see, it's supposed to be a painting of 2 cats lying on a rug by the window. I hope I can finish this by the end of the first quarter. Had difficulty with the rug portion because the design was intricate and I didn't have the proper brush. Bummer!

At 5:45, I heard mass at Don Bosco. The gospel was about Sto. Nino. The priest told us about the 3 virtues of a child: Simplicity, Obedience, and Trust in God, that we can apply in our lives.

Afterwards, I checked out National Bookstore--according to Tony I could get cheaper supplies there. Found out that they didn't have much acrylic colors but I could get 5 colors (the primary ones) for 500++ bucks. Not bad, eh? I also got myself 2 small brushes and an olive-colored acrylic paint. Each color costs 250 bucks. Searched around for more stuff and found out that they have canvasses for 130 bucks. Hmm... I got excited to start my "actual" painting!!! Maybe after my cat painting (yes, it's only a paint-by-number artwork), I'll start with a real project. Wish me luck!

Next and last stop was at PowerBooks. I looked for books to read after "The Alchemist". The urge to buy Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series was sooooo high that I bought the first four novels. This is King's tribute to the LOTR series. Can't wait to start the saga of the gunslinger.

Had dinner at Evergreen. Had veggie meat wearing an adobo mask and some tofu. Before I couldn't eat mushrooms. But now, I love 'em. ;o)

Then it was time to head back home.

Around 11 pm, I got a surprise message from Chel. I was glad that she's online. She told me that they're planning to visit the outlet mall later today. No snow in Virginia though. She's also planning to visit her friend in Maryland. I joked about "Blair Witch Project". She wanted to say hi to the barkada too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home