\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Book Shopping

Not sure whether my ringing phone was only a part of my dreams but when I opened my eyes at 11:30 this morning, I found out it wasn't. Ogz was inviting me to watch our friends play frisbee. But it was too late. I cooked brunch while watching SOP. Reg didn't have a solo number once again. Bummer!

Around 2, I quickly showered and left my pad. I had bowling lessons in Greenhills. Ogz informed me that our coach, Joey, wasn't there yet. When I got there, Joy, Franco, Butch, Jun, and Ogz greeted me. Still no sign of Joey yet.

Around 4, the president of the bowling association, Richard, approached us and let us play for awhile. First game, I scored 118. Second at 100. Third at 101. During our third game, Joey finally arrived. He immediately instructed us on the proper way to bowl. This is the only game I had 2 consecutive strikes. I was happy with it. On the fourth and final game, I scored my second highest 122 to date. I also found out about my average 110. Among the three bowlers, it was Jun who got the highest score and average (145). There's a tournament for novice players on the 20th. I'm excited to participate!


Left E-Lanes and proceeded to Makati. I decided to hear mass in Greenbelt. I got there at 7:32. The mass was just about to start! I thanked God for doing this for me. Sweet! The gospel was about us confessing our sins to Him. We need not hide anything because He knows everything that is happening in our lives.

After mass, I went to Evergreen in Glorietta to have my veggie dinner. I had "chicken" curry and a spicy "bopis". I was soooo full.

My last stop was at PowerBooks. Looked for the book I've been reading, "The Waste Lands", and grabbed Books 5 and 7. Couldn't find Book 6 so I asked help from Customer Service. The lady behind the counter checked Glorietta and Alabang branches but the book was already sold out. Bummer! She told me that she will put me in the reservation list though. She's very nice! I also reserved for my copy of Harry Potter 6 which will be published sometime in July. Continued reading my book.

Around 10, there was an announcement that the bookstore will be closed. I paid for my books (having this debit card is such a blessing!) and got me a bookmark. There's a free Read magazine featuring some author. I asked if they still have a previous copy featuring Stephen King. One gentleman told me that they still have. I requested for it instead. And he gave it to me for free. ;o)

When I got home, I checked the pricetag on the bookmark--230!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home