\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Pet Adoption

'twas a struggle to be awake with only 3 hours of sleep. I had to attend my art class with ER Tagle. Can't miss or else I'm deadmeat. Tried to have brekky at Jollibee but the moment I ordered pancakes, the woman behind the counter told me they gave the last pancake already. Bummer! Left the fastfood chain still hungry. Went directly to Herald Suites for some coffee.

The lesson for today was still "Wet on Wet". ER introduced "Tonal Values" too. We made some leaves with composition. As for my artwork, I, of course, didn't wanna conform. Some leaves were painted diagonally. Later on, ER commented that he planned to give this style as our assignment and that I was already advanced. Er must have thought by now that he's got a "pasaway" with me. Our assignment is about drawing some hands and fashion designing. What the fac...simile!


After class, I had my brunch at some Jap resto in Waltermart. Had some beef bento.

Finally gave in to Mr. Sandman and took a nap for a couple of hours. Later on, I had some spaghetti and a slice of ube cake at Red Ribbon. Continued reading "The Waste Lands".

Finished my "Pet Adoption" painting. I had the artwork of Nic Squirrell for my inspiration. I loved it the moment I saw it. Will post it as soon as she replies to my e-mail requesting for permission to reproduce.

2 Comments:

Blogger xieurx said...

hi don! cute ang painting mo ng leaves ah! :)

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!

I love your work...

would like to invite you for a Solo Exhibit @ Food and Art Galerie, 12th floor GT Tower...

I can give ya a total of 45 panels...if its too big for you...you can invite some friends to join you.

We had ER Tagle way back...pls. tell him I'm willing to make a showcase for your class. I'm open for January 2006.

"Right now we have KODAK and UNESCO's "Present Day Slavery" Photo Exhibit.

Be among the chosen few to exhibit at our place.

-Rain Nerona
Marketing Officer
Food & Art Galerie
Foodparks by Raintree

6/F Salustiana Ty Tower, 104 Paseo de Roxas Makati City 1200

Tel.no. 7525678
Fax: 8932561
email and YM: silvermoon_cutie@yahoo.com
CC: marketing@raintree.com.ph

Btw, I need ur complete profile w/ pix of ur works!! Hope to hear from ya soon. thanx!

Here's some info about our Galerie...

THE VENUE

Resting in one of Makati’s expensive streets at the 12th floor GT Tower International, Ayala Avenue stands an inexpensive treat for yuppies and professionals alike or even those who need affordable chow.

Fast food dining in an art gallery setting. Each specially selected food and beverage outlet serves colorful dishes creating an unparalleled culinary art exhibition.

Unwind under the stars at the Outdoor Sculpture Garden, where lush landscaping serves as a natural backdrop for sculptures created by talented Filipino artisans.

PHYSICAL FEATURES:

Location: 12th Floor, GT Tower Ayala Avenue, Makati City

Point of Access: H.V. De La Costa Street and Valero Street

Seating Capacity: 470 people

HISTORY:

During its launch dated August 23, 2002, Malang, a respected Philippine art maestro, a whole group of talented artists called Saturday group and important persons in the art business graced the opening.

The scrupulous selection of artworks from the Ayala Museum adorned the brightly lit walls of the art gallery, welcoming every visitor to an artist’s world with every piece ranging from intricately designed sculptures and artfully distorted ceramics to meticulously painted artworks done by local artists.

Foodparks by Raintree is headed by Thomas and Annabel Wisniewski. “When we were designing the foodcourt, the (building’s)owner, George Ty, an art lover, told us that he wanted something related to the arts. We came up with the “art for the masses” concept. Diners do not only get to view the artworks while enjoying lunch, they can purchase the pieces of their choice.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home