\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Raining Cockroaches & Dennis' Homecoming

I was on my bathroom "throne" this morning and did my morning ritual--vocalizing. When I looked up, there were 2 teeny-weeny roaches walking around directly on top of me near the lightbulb. I thought, "what would happen if they suddenly drop on my freakin hair?". After a few seconds, that's what they both did. I screamed. I did matrix maneuvers to miss both of them. When they landed on my tiles, I stepped on these nightmarish creatures. I really hate roaches!

When I reached the office, there's a Xacta pen lying on my desk. Asked Rene where the pen came from. He told me that Dennis is already here. I prepared my coffee and saw my ole friend havin coffee with Ogz and Joyish.

Buffet lunch at Red Crab. The roastbeef was yummy. The crabs were a bit dry but the claw parts are sumptuous. I also enjoyed the ice cream. Thanks to Rene and Dennis for this wonderful lunch treat! Sweet!


After the hearty lunch, I went to buy canvases at National Bookstore. Can't wait to paint my own artwork!

For two weeks, I've been an absentee in our SOLV prayer meeting. Last night when I reached Don Bosco, the feeling of worshipping Him again was so great! It's like coming back to your own home.

The talk was about Psalms. Basically, it's a prayer book, designed to be prayed aloud. There are about 150 psalms and divided into 5 books. Here's the structure:

Book One: Psalms 1 to 41
Two: Psalms 42 to 72
Three: Psalms 73 to 89
Four: Psalms 90 to 106
Five: Psalms 107 to 150

Doxology is a short closing hymn/praise to God.

Psalms come in different forms:

  1. Hymn
  2. Petitions
  3. Thanksgiving
  4. Trust/Confidence in God
  5. Wisdom
  6. Prophetic

Hymn is a kind of prayer characterized by liveliness & exuberant joy.

Themes:

  1. Glorifies God in Creation (Psalms 8, 104)
  2. God's kinship over His people/world (Psalm 24)
  3. Meant to exalt Jerusalem as city of great King (Psalm 42)
  4. Processional (Psalms 15, 95)

I found out that we can have Psalm 5 as our morning prayer and Psalms 3 & 4 as evening prayers.

Joshua 24:15
"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home