\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Leader of the Band

On my way to work this mohnin, the cab radio was playing this song, "Leader of the Band". Of course, I took off the earphones plugged in my ears and listened to this classic Dan Fogelberg song. And I know what you're thinkin now. Yep, I sang along.

Some lines struck me. For examples,

"And he gave to me a gift I know I never can repay"
- I thought about the talent He gave to me and wondered if I'm using it to please Him

"His gentle means of sculpting souls took me years to understand"
- Am really glad that Laaa introduced me to Crossroads retreat last August 2004. It felt like going back to the arms of Jesus. I have read countless of books. In fact, I have a small collection of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and J.K. Rowling. But I've never thought of opening the Bible one day. I've never imagined myself singing for the Lord. Well, in high school, I was a choir member but that's about it. Now, every Tuesday I offer my time and life to Him. And I'm already in my 30s so it ain't too late yet. Teehee.

"My life has been a poor attempt to imitate the man. I’m just a living legacy to the leader of the band"

- It's really hard to imitate the life of Jesus. I'm just a sinner who keeps on falling.

"I thank you for the music and your stories of the road. I thank you for the freedom when it came my time to go --I thank you for the kindness and the times when you got tough. And, Papa, I don’t think i said ’i love you’ near enough"
- I must remember that I should always be thankful for all His blessings. A simple, "Thank You, Lord" can be a prayer ;o) Music has been a big part of my life. Even though I don't have a good voice, I still try to sing. Teehee...

But if I were to state my favorite line in the song, I would pick out, "One went to Chicago and the other to St. Paul". I've been to those places and the memories are close to my heart.


While having break this afternoon, we talked about what's going on in the company and how we could address these problems. For the past few weeks, hearing these comments added to my being demotivated. I don't know how I'll be able to motivate people when I, myself, am feeling low.

Good thing, I can tell things to my manager. It really helps when you're open.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doths said...

Hi Don!

Nice entry here. =)
I'm amazed at how you were able to relate this song in your relationship with the Lord. I'm also glad to see that you've decided to live your life for Him. It's never too late. He waits for us patiently. And even if we still fail sometimes, God's grace is sufficient. His love is immeasureable. I know God will use you mightily, with all the intelligence, talents and abilities He has given you. It is my prayer that you would truly shine for Him all the days of your life!

God bless you, Don. (",)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home