\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Very Special Gift from Venice


Before I left my pad, I checked if we already have salary in my bank account. I left disappointed. When I reached the office, I checked again. Still no moulah. Third... Fourth... After lunch with my friends, Shell & Raz, I checked and was surprised to see a bit fatter bank account. ;o)

Yipee, I get to pay my rent now. I did that after we had our dollars exchanged to peso.

At first we thought the JDBC training would be postponed because it's already past 4. Since people started coming in, Eric and I decided to go with the training. I didn't finish my exercise today though. Bummer!

One very exciting thing that happened today is that I finally met with Denden (& Roy). She gave me some stuff from Arlyn. We chatted briefly and she showed me her ring! I'm so happy for her. Anyhoo, back to my pasalubong story, yes! I got some chocolates and a very special gift from Venice. I love it! I put it on my desk so i get to see it every single day ;o)

Then it was time to work on Arlyn's requests. I thought dividing her requests into two parts: someone has to do the grocery while the other works on the unlocking of the cellphone and buying other stuff. I thought Sharon would be perfect for the grocery chore. She requested to do it at SM 'cause she has an Advantage card. I told her I'd meet her there.

So I went to Glorietta and had her cellphone unlocked. It took quite a short time for the unlocking process. But we had to test it to make sure the phone works for both Smart and Globe. My SIM even worked in her phone! At first her SIM wouldn't cooperate. We had to put a paper support inside because the SIM is somehow loose. That settled, I bought some adaptors.

I went to check on Shaui. Turned out that she brought the old list of grocery items. I kidded her, "Lagot ka kay Arlyn!". Anyhoo, I helped her too with the grocery. She didn't know where to get some of the stuff in the list--Swiss Miss, Victoria Sardines (a favorite of mine too), etc. At the counter, Shaui asked me if the sachets are enough. In the list, Arlyn asked for 24 pieces. She said, "Tama na yan! 6 x 3 = 24. Di ba?"

All in all, we had to transport 6 shopping bags. We brought them first to MSE and kept them in a cabinet.

Shaui suggested to have our dinner at Recipes but we already ate there recently. She said she hasn't eaten at Sentro yet. We had sizzling tofu and the house specialty, corned beef sinigang. We're so full!!! We were kidding about charging this dinner to Arlyn but I'll shoulder it instead ;o)

Since it's American Idol decision time again, I planned to watch it in the office. We found out that the boardroom (where the tv is located) is being used for a late night meeting. Bummer! I asked Shell & Beng if I could go see tonight's episode at their condo unit again. They said yes. Yipee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home