\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Brotherhood in Anilao, Batangas Part II


Got a wakeup call around 8. Had coffee first. For brekky, we had hotdogs, eggs, longanisa, ham, and a choice between yang chow fried rice and plain rice. Yum! yum! yum!

After our sumptuous meal, we got ready for our snorkling. I borrowed my friend's snorkle and fins. I was pretty excited to use 'em. I rented a vest for 50 bucks.

We prayed first before our first activity of the day. Then we're off! I walked to a good spot in the beach and tried to wear my fins. Turned out it wasn't an easy task. I had to go back to the shore to leave my shoes. It was hard to walk with fins. The vest wasn't a perfect fit so that sucks. And I couldn't use the snorkle mask well. Bummer! Anyhoo, I just tried to enjoy the moment.


We had lotsa pictures taken underwater.

It would almost be a good experience if not for a sudden call from Pert. Danny was already panicking. He kept complaining about his foot. Ramil went to the rescue immediately. He threw his own life vest to Danny's aid. Danny tried to grab onto someone. His arms found Arnel who couldn't swim at all. Ramil tried to entangle Arnel from Danny. He was brought to a shallow portion so he could stand and be calm again. While all this was going on, Ramil kept on calling Wilson to help Danny. But Wilson was preoccupied with Arnel who also was panicking a bit. Thank Him that nothing serious happened.


Around 11, Ramil prepared our lunch. Doun, James, and I continued our swimming/floating.

I led the prayer before we had our lunch (grilled liempo, ensaladang talong, grilled tilapia, and watermelon for dessert). Another good meal!

Then it was shower time. Our cottage lost its water supply so we had to use an outdoor shower.


We left the place and headed for Manila. We reached Don Bosco around 5:30. I was dropped off at Cityland Tower. Left my stuff and changed.

I went to Don Bosco for the 6 o'clock mass. Unfortunately I was late. Got a message from my brothers to proceed to Greenbelt. After hearing Fr. Bernie's talk, I left for GB3. The gospel was about the Holy Trinity.


We had dinner to celebrate Dennis' arrival from Singapore. He brought us some pork jerky. We informed him about today's activities. Laughter and food mix well together ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home