\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, May 16, 2005

Identifying Training Needs at PMAP

I told myself that I won't be late for my first PMAP training. Registration was supposed to start at 8:30. Woke up at half past 7. I immediately had my shower and dressed up.

The cab driver didn't know where Lee street is in Mandaluyong. So we first took Buendia and then Shaw Boulevard. Sent some messages to Miget and asked her about this route. Unfortunately she's only aware of the Edsa route.

While driving through Shaw, I tried not to panic because it's already almost 9 in the morning. Plus, there was a burning building so traffic was bad. We asked a traffic enforcer about this Lee street. He pointed us in its direction. According to Miget, if I see Petron, I should turn left on Lee street. Since we came from the other direction, I thought we should turn right. Wrong!!!

I asked the driver if we could go back to the opposite direction. It was a one-way street. He even dropped me off due to frustration. Bummer!!! What the hell should I do now? Go back to Makati? Go back home? I only have 60 bucks.


Walked back to the correct Lee direction. Rode a jeep and finally saw the PMAP sign. Thank heavens!!! I signed on the attendance sheet and registration form. Plus, I was given coffee and snacks. Since I don't normally wake up this early, my appetite wasn't in full force yet.

And the best thing is, I wasn't late at all. Yipee!!! Our speaker for this training is Mandy. After a few words from him, you can tell that he's done this multiple times. He shared his experiences, even his bloopers. One thing I noticed that there were only two guys in the audience. Of course, there's always the introduction portion.

TNA was introduced, as well as, other data gathering tools. I learned that some of the non-training concerns would fall under Organizational Development (OD). I first heard this term, OD, from Miget. Good thing I was prepared ;o) I also learned about other industries like manufacturing and pharmaceutical.

Lunch came. We transferred to the adjacent room. Our food was composed of pork with mushroom, fried fish, and veggies. Muy delicioso! Mario quickly stroke up a conversation with me. Turns out he likes to read too and into pc games. He works for SC Johnson as a Sales Manager. On the other hand, some ladies asked me about my unusual hair. Told them I'm used to being approached for my hairstyle. One lady named Ace asked me if we could talk about some system she wants to be designed for Zuellig. A potential client, eh? Ella, from Rockwell, used to work at Soluziona. Of course, I asked her about my Soluziona participants ;o)

Later on, we were divided into 2 groups. Our group designed a questionnaire to address the high turnover in our fictitious IT company. In my group were 4 ladies: Keight (from Cebu Pacific), Eliza, Ella, and Ana (RCBC). When it was time for us to present our proposal, we were bombed with questions and comments. I didn't know that each word must be scrutinized especially when you release surveys. Anyhoo, it was a learning experience.

Only two groups were able to present: ours and Mario's. Oh, another guy named Veranzky joined the session. He works for SCAD Services. They manufacture stuff for Japanese customers. According to him, one particular glass window they sell costs millions. Whaaaaaaaaaat???!!!

Mario offered me (and Ophie from Nissin) a ride back to Makati. We continued our chat about his experiences when he goes with his van salesman on business trips. According to him, these drivers are at risk. One time, if not for instinct, they would've been robbed. These drivers carry large amount of cash with them. They don't get much too. Some were even college graduates!


We first dropped Ophie off at Landmark. I was dropped off at Carlos Palanca. Went home and changed for dinner at Shakey's. So sleepy. Me eyes dropped at around 9ish and opened at 6:30 the following day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home