\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Pahiyas Festival, Quezon


Somebody's tuggin at my side. Obviously trying to wake me up. Checked my cellphone. It's already 3. Ugh! Tried to go back to sleep. Around 4, they woke me up again. It's only me and Jowee who haven't taken a bath yet. Checked the water. I was given a big pail for my bath. Oh well....

Around 5, we left Jowee's place. We're ten in the group: Jowee, Bess, La, Ogz, Jao, Joyish, Beng, Netski, and Mikks. Sadly I got the worst seat in the van.

We first got gas at some station. Joy and I tried to get some money but the BPI atm doesn't work. Joy informed me that we can still withdraw money at Equitable and UCPB machines. I decided to just use my remaining one grand. Got some brewed coffee at Starbucks to wake me up.

I couldn't sleep anymore so I read some pages in my book. Tried to doze off every now and then but wasn't lucky.

After some hours of traveling, we reached Lucban. I was so famished. The minoot we found a store that offers food, I grabbed the chance. I got some hotdog for brekky. Played with a Rottweiler named Rocky too. Jowee tried a local delicacy--pancit habhab. He even put some vinegar on it. Had a bite and didn't like it.

It was so freakin hot. Many vendors were selling different kinds of hats on the streets. Ogz bought himself a BIG one. Eventually all of my friends bought one to fiend off the scorching heat. I settled for my buff.

After some minoots of walking and braving the morning sun, we reached the place where houses were adorned with colorful kiping. La found out that each color represents sumpthin. Pahiyas is thanksgiving. People in Quezon are grateful for the abundance of crops they've harvested.





There were so many people. Food was everywhere. I saw some longanisa and some kakanin. We had fun taking pictures! Netski even found some colored chicks. We noticed that there are numbers posted on the decorated houses. Turned out that there is a contest for the most beautifully adorned house. We even promoted House 323. The judges must have noticed us ;o)



Around 10, we thought it's time to have real food. We discovered a local restaurant. We had longanisa lucban (of course!), carabao beef, menudo, mechado, and ground santol that tasted like laing. We only paid 600 for all of 'em.

At noon, we started walking towards the church. We missed the mass service. We were informed that the next one will be at 1:30. We prayed and rested a bit. I took a catnap too.


We decided to leave Lucban. We're preparing ourselves for the traffic that we're about to face. Of course, our trip won't be complete without the usual pasalubong. I bought some food for mom and dad ;o)


We walked back towards our van. Jowee must've caught some virus. He sneezed a few times during our trip.


Our trip back to Makati took more than 4 hours. We were concerned about Beng who just had a nightmare. According to her, she couldn't open her eyes. For dinner, we went to Sbarro at Festival Mall. Unfortunately, the restaurant was beside a merry-go-round that kept on playing a single song. We were so sick of it.

Netski, Beng, Ogz, and I went home together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home