\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, May 27, 2005

Saguijo


While battling this freakin' headache, I'll try to remember what happened last night.

After my dinner with friends at Chicken Bacolod, we proceeded to this place called Saguijo. It's an apartment-turned-bar located at Guijo st. in San Antonio Village. That explains its name. They also have a website at www.saguijo.com if you wanna know the schedule of the bands performing for the night.

Anyhoo, when we got there, we're the only customers. Mica, a friend of Mikko, was already there waiting.

The place was nice. One wall was decorated with a mosaic of a lady's portrait. We argued if it's the Virgin Mary or not. Another one was painted with butterflies and some nice stuff. The bathroom was clean. They even have showers ;o) The music being played in the background would make you wanna dance sexily. We had fun dancing to the sensual music. Beng and Lala gamely danced.

Our 100-peso entrance fee was our ticket to a beer. I ordered for Strong Ice.

And so we waited for the bands to play their music. First was Mica's band, "Quail Quartet". I wasn't expecting them to play jazz. They even used a cello! Good for easy listening but if I wanted to listen to jazz, I'd go to a blues bar. I remember one time in Chicago when I heard a very good jazz band.

Next was a rock band called "Musing of a Cigarette Smoking Man". They all played their original compositions. Like them. Could still use some polishin'.

Third band named "Daydream Cycle" was led by a girl vocalist. Couldn't understand a single word. Saguijo should improve on their sound system.

Fourth was called "Liquid Jane". They have the best drummer. Rock on!

Laaa tried the Thai tapa and the meat was very tender and the sauce was spicy. Very yummy!

While smokin' outside, I learned from the guard that the place is owned by Angelo Carlos. It will celebrate its first year in July.

The "I Love You" store was located at the top of this Saguijo bar. They sell secondhand stuff. Got myself some cool necklace ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home