\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"Tampo" in English

During one lunchtime discussion, I asked my friends what the direct English translation of "tampo" is. Ogz blurted out, "slight". When somebody asks you, "Are you angry at me?", and you answer, "Slight", that means you're "nagtatampo". We guffawed at his suggested answer.

Made me wonder if there is an English term for "tampo". And then I came across this site, "Tagalog Dictionary". Now I know the answer to my question. It is "sulk".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If tampo is sulk, what is utot in english? :)

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)) tampo.. i searched in google what's tampo in english and got to yer page:)) salamat. sulk:))
irie ;)
-zdiel

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home