\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, July 01, 2005

After 16 Years...


When Charles Santos (Charliemagne back in highschool) suggested for us--Darwin Cuervo, Roselle Geronga, and the Knottydon--to meet for dinner, I thought of two things, "Hmmm... what could we possibly talk about in our past?" and "Should I go or just watch 'War of the Worlds'?"

After my Speechcraft session, I met them at Racks in Valero, Makati. I even got lost on the way to our meeting place. Bummer! Anyhoo, when I saw their familiar faces smiling at me, I immediately thought it was indeed a good idea to come to this small party. I ordered food right away (babyback ribs and garlic rice) and they asked me if my hair was real ;o)

Oh man, it was surreal remembering and talking about our highschool days. We talked about how our ole friends are doin right now. I found out that some of them are located in different parts of the world--US, Europe, Australia, Saudi Arabia, etc. Roselle even called two classmates, Roel Lapitan and Meldy, on the phone. We all thought Roel's voice had changed. We found out that Meldy was expecting a third baby in a week or two.

We talked about work, the places we've visited, and even our relationships. Government and the state of the Philippines were covered too.

After dinner, we proceeded to have coffee and some smoke at a nearby Starbucks. There we continued talking about CAT, ex-girlfriends & past relationships, who got pregnant first, our NCEE nightmare, old classmates, our teachers (Estopace, Catacutan, Suplido, Tentoco, & Gordon), and the infamous Cabrieto. I couldn't recall most of the names but it was an interesting discussion.

It was already half past 11 when we decided to continue our discussion in our next reunion. Early December could be a good month. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home