\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Embassy

You've read the drunk version of my Embassy story. Now here's the sober version of what happened last night.

In one of our chat sessions at Starbucks, we discussed clubbing. Since we all haven't checked out Embassy at the Fort yet, we all thought of going there this Friday. And so for the past few days, we've been wrecking our brains on what clothes to wear ;o) We heard that Embassy doesn't allow people wearing cheap-looking outfits. I still have a few clubbing shirts in my closet. The last time I've used them I was still in Chicago strutting my dancing prowess.

Friday came. After taking a quick shower and wearing my Italian polo shirt, I met my friends (Joy, Ogz, Dennis, and Boyette) at Cascada in GB3. We didn't wanna go to the club yet till 11-ish. I thought it's "jologs" to be there at 10, which is their opening time. We tried buying beers at Pier One (I made a joke at this resto-bar and called it "Pierone") but they didn't allow us. So we went to Gourdo's to get some.

At 11:30, we went inside this bar co-owned by Tim Yap. An entrance fee of 300 will buy you 2 beers. There were bouncers everywhere, all wearing black as always. Club music was playing. There was a huge projector screen playing some videos. People were in chunks, chatting and having fun. I noticed that Embassy allows people in rubber shoes!

Around 12-ish, nuthin was happening yet. 12:30... 12:45... People started dancin'. It was a river (if I use "sea", it would be an exaggeration) of people dancing, jumping, gyrating to the music. It was fun. I've danced with strangers. My favorite was this European-looking couple.

At 3:30, my friends made a sign that it's already time to go. Oh well. I got drunk, that's good. San Mig Light costs a hundred. Highway robbery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home