\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, July 04, 2005

Illustration Friday: Sport


I wasn't able to submit an illo last week for "Heroes" but this week, I created one for "Sport". For this illo, I used pointillism in a very basic way. I copied and pasted small dots to produce these sports balls. I intentionally left out some spaces. If you look very, very closely, you could see that they're all DOTS! There's one time in elementary that we actually used punched holes from art paper to do this kind of artwork. That's why I called it basic pointillism technique. It took me awhile to create this illo but am proud of it ;o)

6 Comments:

Blogger Alison Ashwell said...

doing all the different balls is a great idea

3:08 AM  
Blogger Dummiest popcorn girl in the world said...

simple and nice ^_^

i like it!

http://larvayyoblogspot.com

3:37 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

i actually looked closely.. and yep. they're all dots. nice style. and the idea of using dots/circles to make pieces of circles/balls.. hehe and how the football is peeking to check out what the other "rounded" balls were doing... and how the number 8 ball's size is bigger than its real size makes me interpret this as your fave sport amongst them. well am i right? or did i take too much weed tonight? lmao...

4:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

This is great and you have created 'Knottydon' new technique of varying spaced pointillism :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Or would that be Knottydon's Knottydots?

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea for the illustration.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home