\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, July 02, 2005

War of the Worlds, Finally!


I thought I'd be the first to see this latest Spielberg film but after 3 failed attempts, I got to see it with two buddies, Frankito and Bulilit, only last night at Glorietta.

We're all late so I didn't get to see the first few minoots of the movie. But 90% of the film, I really enjoyed.

According to an interview, Spielberg wanted to de-Cruise Tom in this film. Tom's character here was scared for his family. You'll see him hiding under the table with Dakota. You'll see him protecting his family rather than saving the world.

I like the scenes where they showed the lightning effects through the backyard windows of Tom's family. I cried a tear when his daughter requested him to sing a lullaby and he couldn't do it because he doesn't know any. I like the basement scenes (reminiscent of M. Shayamalan's "Signs"). The river scene with Dakota was memorable. The rain of clothes was pretty cool!!!


For a change, there was no President's intervention (Bulilit pointed this out). Why kill people when the aliens need blood to survive? I still haven't got a clue why the other aliens suddenly felt weak after Tom's "second" kill. The birds had sumpthin to do with it?

I didn't like Tim Robbins' character at all.

Lastly, the photo was courtesy of HollywoodJesus.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home