\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Charlie and the Goya Fun Factory

It's Saturday night and I've got no plans. The whole day I spent doing something special. Can't tell you that one basta it made me feel very happy =o Anyhoo, after trying out a new resto (Jaymi's Grill) near my pad, I went to see "Charlie...".

I've read a few reviews so I was prepared to see the horendous look of Johnny Depp's character. I don't like his pale face, hir haircut, his teeth. At first, I couldn't stand looking at him. He reminds me sometimes of MJ. On the other hand, I think only JD could pull this character off.

The handsome boy (Freddie Highmore) who played Charlie could really act. He was my favorite in his other film with Depp, "Finding Neverland". Grandpa Joe (David Kelly) was pretty cool too.

There's one scene in the beginning where JD was holding this huge pair of scissors and Edward Scissorhands came to mind.

The whole factory reminds me of Goya. When I was a kid myself, I thought that river of choco was real. When we had our field trip at Goya fun factory, I was ready to dip my finger on that choco-ness. Alas! There's this small machine where choco drips continuously. And that's about all the choco I got. No river at all. So when I saw the chocofalls in the film, I was delighted =o)

The rollercoaster-like boat ride immediately reminded me of Disneyland. That would be awesome if Disney could do sumpthin similar!

The Oompa Loompas remind me of a 90s game I like to play, "Lemmings".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home