\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Dennis' Despedida

Right after our Friday work, my colleagues-slash-friends and I went to Red Box. The staff there was suprised to see me there again for two nights in a row. Before singing our hearts out, I, along with a small group of friends, looked for something to eat. We tried Krocodile but the place was full. Next was Sentro. Heard my name and saw Joy with her own set of friends. We're numero ocho on the waiting list. We tried Good Earth but still no luck. Last stop was Haiku. Just a quick trivia, a Haiku is a Japanese poetry composed of three lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables respectively. Normally it provokes an emotional response from the readers.

We were kinda apprehensive because there weren't too many people eating there. We checked the menu. A rice topping costs about 195 bucks. I ordered gyoza and some beef with my favorite, shitake mushrooms.

When the food arrived, it was suprisingly good. A bit salty but good. I noticed the nice glass that they use. Its mouth was square (easy to drink from) and there are dents on two sides (easy to hold).


After dinner, we proceeded to Red Box. The room that Dennis rented was big. It even has a pool table. Cool! I went there for the singing though. Teehee. Sherwin was funny as expected. Dennis was wild. Bulilit was our cameraman for the night. We were astounded by Alwyn's rendition of "Lead me, Lord". We gave him a standing ovation =oP Pasaway joined us too but she left for another gimmick after a few hours. We were so ecstatic when we sang "Shiny, Happy People". Table was hilarious in her VST & Co. number.

I tried singing "How You Remind Me" but wasn't too successful. I need more practice on that one. I'm glad I got to sing "Amazing" again.

While leaving Red Box, I felt someone rubbing my tummy. 'twas Gary, my ex-flatmate in the States. Small world! Chatted for a few minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home