\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Illustration Friday: Reflection

For the past few days, I've been wracking my brains as to how to illustrate the current theme. I actually thought of taking a raincheck for this week. I thought of having the point of view of a mirror where a zit is being popped. Gross! Then I thought of doing a pond scene. But that was common. Early this afternoon, I was just sitting behind my desk and simply looked to my left. There it was, my illustration! Very simple. Teehee!

I used three graphics application here. I designed the frame of my glass in Adobe Illustrator. Created the PowerBook text also in it. Switched directly to Dogwaffle to create the texture of my laptop sleeve. I'm impressed by the results. Then lastly, I went to Adobe Photoshop to create the yellow lens, plus, the reflection at the bottom.

Whenever I wear my yellow glasses, it brightens up my day. It literally gives me a BRIGHTER perspective.

7 Comments:

Blogger isay said...

of all your illustrations this one is favorite! well done Don!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great concept! well executed. :)

1:43 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Another bright idea Creator of Knotty Dots! You have done a great job of glass with reflection and working with so many programs!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I agree, this week was tough and I almost gave up for the first time since I started doing IF's! But you did an excellent job. It's creative and fun!

3:24 PM  
Blogger pinomino said...

Nicely done! I've just visited your gallery. Your drawings are lovely. I liked polar bears much...

7:35 PM  
Blogger Mustashrik said...

hey nice work hear with the shades, it makes for a very mysterious piece!

ps.thanks for commenting on my pic ;)

M

1:55 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

simply and yet targetting the theme right on the spot 8) hehe.. mine's a lil offbeat.

anyway.. you have cool programs to cater those creative instincts! hee.. wish i had one aside from the ms paint ive been using.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home