\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Third Crossroads Retreat (Day Two)


I'm not used to waking up early...especially during weekends. But today is a special day. It's our second day of our Crossroads Retreat. I took my second bath of the day (had a nice warm bath before beddy time). Went downstairs to have our brekky. Bonded again with the participants.

Around 8:30, we had our morning prayer led by Joel. We sang some worship songs too. Next, Popsie introduced tongues and some gestures that we use whenever we sing our love songs to Him.

For the fourth and last talk on "Where do We Go from Here?", Randy gave us some wonderful insights: Prayer is our lifeline to God, Scriptures are God's love letters to us, we must share God's love through Service, we must have faith like a mustard seed (small but strong), and He will fully supply us with all our needs.

Before letting go of our participants, we prayed over them. We lifted up their concerns, asked for protection, and thanked them once more for accepting our invitation.


I setup the projector and my laptop before the mass started at 11. Isco magically appeared during the mass service ;o)

We had our final photo sessions before having lunch together. Lunch was composed of porkchops (yummy sauce!), shrimp & veggies (only ate the shrimps), and watermelons for dessert. I also claimed my "pasalubong" orders for Mom & Dad. Due to lack of time, we promised to give out the photo souvenirs on Tuesday night.


Algie took care of the car assignments. I left Angels' Hills with him, Ramil, Eric (my neighbor), and Pert. We met with the other brothers at Bag of Beans. Had coffee and apple pie. We had a fun afternoon chat. Got home around 5.

What a fun weekend with the Lord and my fellow SOLV brothers! Kudos to Caloy (I truly salute you, bro), Popsie (your pearl necklace story touched me a lot), Ramil and the Music Ministry, and the rest of the service team ('twas a huge success, bros!). To our new brothers, thank you again for accepting our invitation to God's feast! Thank you, Lord!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger itsme_apaul said...

Ur entry reminded me of my last retreat sa antipolo, I love everysingle moment of it... We cried alot and repent on our sins, after the retreat u feel so refreshed and renewed....

4:20 PM  
Blogger aby said...

hey bro!

wow, glad to know that the retreat was fruitful. thanks for the wonderful sharings! :)

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi don,

hmm... kinda missed that :( i know that time will come and we'll both going there.. sorry.. :(

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home