\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Birthday in Sentosa (Singapore Day Nine)


It's Sentosa time today. First we had lunch at some hawker's place. All of us had the chicken meal that we had in Thailand. The food (so freakin' small) was meant for kids. I would've eaten 2 servings but we didn't have enuff time anymore.


We tried the cable car. The last time I rode one was in Florida (years ago). Anyhoo, I rode with Arlyn and 2 Japs. We thought we would have the car all to ourselves. Teehee...


First thing we checked out was the Underwater World. I remember visiting one in Minneapolis at Mall of America. I couldn't remember the stuff we saw there but I'm really delighted that I visited this one in Singapore. It's always fun to see different sea creatures.


One interesting creature was this Sea Angel. This shell-less creature had wings but no eyes. And it's super dooper small.


Sharks, stingray, some unknown big fish, and piranhas.

We got excited seeing a Dugong (a first for me). It's so graceful and playful.


Siloso beach was next. Ogz, Dennis, and I took a quick dip. Almost drowned so I went back to the shore. I didn't plan to die on my birthday ;oP The sand wasn't that fine unlike in Bora. It was freakin' hot. Many people played soccer, volleyball (wanted to join 'em), and frisbee.


Next stop was the Merlion. There's a smaller version in Boat Quay. We took some photos but didn't go inside anymore.

Last stop was the Musical Fountain. There's a similar presentation in Disney World, Florida. I like that one better. Here in Singapore, they have this monkey character named Kiki. I like the laser light show though.

We went back home to have dinner at another hawker's place. Kneel had been to this place a few times. He ordered everything for us. We tried a grilled stingray, shrimps, and spicy fried rice. We even had calamansi juice for our drinks.

Arlyn and I got her stuff and brought it at La's place. Afterwards, I started packing my stuff for we have to leave in a few hours. Since we still have 4 hours to spare, we went shopping at a 24-hour mall called Mustafa. I got myself a Puma shirt. Visited the Esplanade and Merlion for the last time. There was an eerie incident when we're taking our photos at the Merlion. A mysterious dot appears each time.

Went back home around 3 am. Finished packing. Slept for 30 minutes and took a bath. Bid goodbyes to our friends. Left around 5 am for the Changi Airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home