\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Let's Get Retarded with Black Eyes Peas (Singapore Day Four)


Woke up around 10:30. Cooked our brunch. Pasaway and I decided to go to Suntec mall today. Feeling confident now with Singapore transpo system, we left after our brunch. We didn't get lost this time. Yay!


We got off the MRT at the City Hall and just walked. We found many nice shops but didn't buy anything.



We found the infamous fountain of wealth but the bigger fountain was turned off till early evening. Bummer! That didn't stop us from wishing though. The thing about this fountain is that you need to stretch out your right hand, go around the small circle thrice, and mentally wish. Prayed for my loved ones.


We had our late lunch at "Just Noodles". We tried Thai yesterday. It's Chinese meal this time. We found the Bonsai Garden nearby too. A bit disappointing though.


We visited Chijmes for the first time. There was a wedding preparation. We even saw the beautiful bride.



Around 6, we parted ways. On my way to the City Hall MRT, I saw this interesting monument. It's tribute to the casualties of Japanese invasion decades back.

I proceeded to Kallang Stadium to watch the Black Eyed Peas concert with my friends. I grabbed some burger and Tiger beer while waiting for them. Also, I changed into my new shirt (a very comfy Black Eyed Peas souvenir shirt worth 40 bucks). The show was supposed to start at 8. A few minoots later, they arrived. Yay!


When we heard the people shouting, we panicked and quickly grabbed our seats. Turned out that there's an opening show first. A beat box competition. That lasted for about 30 minutes.


Past 9, the show started with "Hey Mama". The crowd went wild right away. By the way, in this concert, I saw many kids with their parents ;oP Some songs I don't recognize were sung but we still gamely danced to the music. I enjoyed when they sang "Shut Up". There was a scene where Fergie and Will were trying to outdo one another's vocal performances. That was neat-o! Fergie can really shake her booty! Api tributed his solo song to all the Filipinos in the crowd. We shouted as loud as we could. Teehee... And there was a short "No Woman, No Cry" rendition too.

After an hour of dancing and singing with the BEP, there was a long pause. Stomp members appeared on stage and performed. That was cool. Sadly, I will miss their performance here in Singapore. They have shows from September 27 till early October. Bummer!

Next was the band members' intro. Their drummer was pretty good. And there's one member who could play like 10,000 instruments ;oP

Their encore numbers included the crowd favorites: "Don't Phunk with my Heart" and of course, "Where is the Love?".

When the concert ended, I was drenched in sweat. We had to rush going back home because the place was full of fans.

1 Comments:

Blogger itsme_apaul said...

nice pics don. its nice to see pics of our friends say hi to all of them for me please po. miss ko na kau...

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home