\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Exorcism of Emily Rose


Remember the last time I talked about this movie? My damn water pipe broke for no apparent reason. I hope nuthin' like that would happen today.

After my dinner at Luk Yuen last night, I thought of finally watching "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". I heard about this movie when I was in Singapore a few months ago. The poster stated that there's an actual recording of demonic voices in the film. Pretty interesting, eh?
Anyhoo, I was prepared to be scared out of my wits so even if I was alone, I thought I could watch this film to its end.

If you're expecting a horror film from start to finish, well, you may be disappointed. The movie has a handful of courtroom drama. Every now and then, I get impatient as to when they will show the actual exorcism and play the infamous voices.

The girl who played Emily Rose looks like a young Teri Hatcher. A great contortionist, I must say. I was expecting gore & levitation a la the original "Exorcist" but none of that happened. Yep, you can eat your popcorn while watching this film. They didn't even show how she died. Bummer!

If you're a "24" fan, you'd find a familiar face in one of the courtroom scenes.

Did I get scared? Yep, a few times. I couldn't stand looking at the gruesome photo of Emily Rose. If you wanna see the real girl where the story was based on, click here.

While blogging this entry, I got afraid of looking at my digital clock, wishing that 3 am witching hour would pass quickly. I slept with the lights on ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home