\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Fellowship in More Ways than One

Today, I've got two "fellowships" to attend to. One is SOLV fellowship and the other one is a birthday party in Lipa, Batangas.

Before 3 pm, I got a text message from one of my SOLV brothers, Algie. He was planning to get some stuff at Don Bosco and asked me if I wanted to go to Richville Hotel (in Shaw Boulevard) with him and other brothers as well. I thought it was thoughtful of him. I had my shower and prepared my stuff.

At 3:30, I went to Don Bosco to wait for my brothers. I got another message informing me that they'd be late. To pass the time, I went to the chapel and prayed. After some minoots, Earl arrived. He told me that Algie and Rogel were already upstairs getting some musical instruments.

We left Makati and proceeded to our meeting place. On our way there, we talked about songs from the tv series, "Smallville". It seems we share the same favorite songs from the soundtrack: "Time after Time" by Eva Cassidy (the same artist who gave the best rendition of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" for me) and Gary Jules' "Mad World".

Our talk shifted to food and suddenly got hungry. Found Jollibee in Pioneer. Isco also met us there. While waiting for Earl & Rogel (who offered to buy us food; Sweet!), I checked out Algie's Powerbook (similar to Arlyn's). Played puzzle & pacman in it.

Around 5:30, we reached Richville Hotel... an hour-and-a-half late from our meeting time. We rented a big function room for the night. Ramil was already sweating it out with Joel. Matthew, along with his wife, was also there. Swing music was playing. Y'see, Ramil offered to teach us ballroom dancing (swing, cha-cha, and boogie). We need to learn this because in December, we will have a dance party to commemorate SOLV's anniversary.

I must say, Swing is one of the hardest dance to master. I'm not new to dancing. I love dancing. But memorizing the steps plus thinking about your partner is very challenging for me. I need to practice a lot!!! Thanks to Earl and Algie who became my very patient partners. Whew!

After some minoots, we switched to Cha-Cha. Now that was easy. Afterwards, it's Boogie time. I enjoyed dancing to this.


At 8:30, we decided to have dinner. It's my first time to dine at Tiendesitas. It reminds me of Market! Market! I saw a horse-drawn carriage too. Cool! Since we're a big group, it was hard to find tables. We had to connect 3 tables to accomodate all 18 of us. I had to leave soon so I bought myself the first appetizing food I saw--barbecue and isaw.

I & Ramil announced our Christmas party which will be held at the SOLV office on December 12th. I also asked my brothers, Rogel, Earl, & Algie, for directions going to Lipa. It's my first time to travel alone to Batangas and I had no idea how to get there.

At 10:30, I left my SOLV brothers and proceeded to the bus station in Buendia. The conductor told me that the bus leaves at 12:30. Otay, it's almost 11 and I've got an hour-and-a-half to kill. Thanks to my iPod for keeping me company. I also had to excuse myself twice to go to the nearest restroom. Damn you, beer, for doing this to me.


At around midnight, the bus left Buendia. Yipee! I was told that it will take an hour-and-a-half to get to Lipa. I kept myself from dozing off. I don't wanna miss my bus stop. Paid 106 for my fare. I instructed the bus conductor to drop me off at the city hall.

Past 1 am, I reached the city hall. Called Shawie to inform her that I reached the city hall. She told me to take a tricycle ride to city park and "somebody" in red will meet me. I suddenly thought Arlyn's going to pick me up. I remember her surprise in Singapore. I thought this would be another one of her surprises. Turned out that the person in red was one of Shawie's friends. He told me to follow him to her house.

Finally, I reached Shawie's house. It's a two-storey brick mansion! Shawie paid for my ride since I didn't have a small bill. Ogz and Shell were already singing at the living room. Ogz brought his MagicSing. Sweet! Shawie reheated my dinner: afritada, pancit, and cheese sticks. Yummy!

After my second dinner, we sang our hearts out. As usual, Shawie's singing kept us in stitches the whole night... er, early morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home