\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fright Night

It's Halloween time once again. I'm jumpin on the bandwagon of writers presenting their own list of scary movies. There were many sleepless nights because of these horror films (in no particular order):

1. Jaws - I saw this when I was just a little knottydon. The big screen + the big fish = pure terror. I kept askin my mom if the fish could get out of the screen. Traumatic!!!

2. Blair Witch Project - Of course, I knew that the whole thing was pure acting. But when I saw "Michael" standing on the corner, that gave me goosebumps all over. Man, I couldn't get out of my car without looking to my left and right.

3. Michael Jackson's "Thriller" MTV - who could ever forget the zombies coming out of their tombs and attacking the pre-white era version of the King of Pop?

4. Three Men and a Baby - thanks to an episode of Martin Nievera's now defunct show, "Mad". They presented the scene where a "dead" kid appeared on the window of Ted Danson's apartment. When I first saw that, it gave me the worst goosebumps ever! Some years later, I found out that it's just a standee (a cut-out). Read more here.

5. Exorcist - I dunno about you but I believe in evil possessions. When I visited Georgetown, Washington DC, a few years ago, my friend informed me that they filmed the movie in one of the houses there. I told him to leave the area immediately. The theme song is very eerie to me. There's an upcoming film about another possession, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". It's based on a true story, I heard. Now as of this writing, while checking out the website of Emily Rose, sumpthin freaky happened. My bathroom water pipe just broke for no apparent reason (and to think I was watching "Dark Water" awhile ago!). Called Security to stop the water flow. I almost panicked. Call it coincidence or what but I'm not continuing my research on her story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home