\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, November 07, 2005

Happy Endings

I asked my friend, Noel, who starred in this movie. He didn't know. Oh well, I just copied it today and watched it. Advice: Just watch the first 40 seconds and you'd be glued to your teevee set.

The movie stars Lisa Kudrow (sporting brown hair this time), Steve Coogan, Maggie Gyllenhaal (they featured her singing prowess here), Tom Arnold (I wonder how he held his straight face throughout the film), Bobby Cannavale ("Shall We Dance"), and Jesse Bradford ("Swimfan").


Ever since "Magnolia" and "Crash", I've been a fan of interwoven stories. This movie didn't disappoint me. I like the acting of Kudrow here. Watch out for her intense scene with Nicky (Jesse's character). The title card effect plus the witty comments were cute. Hearing the soothing voice of Jude (Maggie's character) was enuff for me to enjoy it. Might have to check out the soundtrack for this. If you love Maggie's performance here, check out "Secretary".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home