\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Joy's Party @ IO KTV

It's been awhile since I last attended a dinner videoke party. So when Joy invited me to her party, I was super excited. First, the food in IO is great. My favorite there is the chicken lollipop. Second, I could never say 'no' to a night of singing! ;oP

We reached IO KTV at Jupiter street around 8 pm. The party was composed of Joyish (the celebrator), Frankito, Mama Butch, Ogz, Shell, Table, Dencio, Nikks, Dots, Rene, Alwyn, and OJ. Later on, Chay dropped by with Don. She brought some cake too. Sweet!

During the first few minoots of the party, Dencio was being pesky. We wondered what drugs he just took ;oP He sang "The Reason" again but didn't finish it. Nikks gave us a wonderful version of "Till They Take My Heart Away" (her favorite). I forgot about my first song. It was hard to choose songs because we're more concerned with our hungry tummies. Dots performed an MYMP number. OJ sang "Sa Kanya" with Shell.

The first food served was the beef salpicao (Joyish's favorite). It was so tender and I love the garlic sauce. Too bad there wasn't any rice to complement the mouthwatering dish. The chix lollipop arrived later with pizza. We requested Joy to order rice because we're all famished.

These are the songs I remembered singing last night: South Border's "Wherever You Are" (a super favorite; sang it with Frankito), "With You I'm Born Again" (with Ogz), "Cry" (with Joyish), "Very Special Love" (with Ogz), "Whenever You Call" (with Ogz), "I'm Your Angel" (again with Frankito), and "I'm Your Baby Tonight". Speaking of Franco, he got the crooner tag for singing mostly Josh Groban & Ariel Rivera's songs. Is this guy in love or what?!

The sound system wasn't that good. There were times when we couldn't hear the accompaniment. In "Bohemian Rhapsody", we almost finished it a capella. And worse, we got "Active Desktop Recovery" error message a few times.


Food is abundant though. We had gyoza (a must), beef salpicao, chicken lollipop, pizza, chips & dips, and crispy pata! Yummy indeed!

t'was a very fun night. We finished around 1 in the morning. A pretty decent time... to think, we normally finish around 4 ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home