\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bad News, Good News

After eating my pork sinigang dinner last night, my tummy started achin'. I thought taking an antacid and mefenamic acid would cure me. I was restless in bed. At 4, I still couldn't sleep yet. I decided to check myself in at Makati Medical Center.

The nurse immediately advised me to lie down. I was cold. They gave me the standard white blanket. I requested for another one.


My female doctor named Dr. Janelle Custodio gave me an oral medicine that tastes like chalk. After awhile, she told me to rate the ache from 1 to 10. Told her it's an 8. She gave me another dose of that nasty stuff. She repeated the process. Told her it's a 7 now.

That's when she decided to give me a shot. This time a male doctor supervised the procedure. He tied my left arm and inserted the needle. I screamed, "What the fffff...!" Just kidding. I have a high tolerance for pain ;oP

I tried to sleep but still couldn't. My femme doctor asked me if I'd like to go home. Told her that I want to 'cause it's freakin' cold in the emergency room. Before I left the hospital, the guy doctor briefed me on what food to avoid (that's why I had sandwich & salad for brunch today). No coffee, no soda, no beer, no juice. Just plain agua.


Before I forget, the good news of the day is that, I was able to recover the missing gift cheque and some stuff from Globe that I won from our Christmas party raffle. Mama Butch handed it to me this afternoon. Yay!!!

We're also celebrating a party for Ogz who's leaving for the US tomorrow. Unfortunately, I couldn't drink. Bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home