\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Beautiful Kong

After Ogz's despedida party last night at Gerry's, Ogz, Tabel and I bought our tickets for the movie, "King Kong". The movie started at exactly 10:30. Just to warn you, you won't be seeing Kong for at least 70 minoots.

Now let's discuss the fun and exciting parts. Numero Uno: Watch out for the stampede scene. Remember the wildebeests scene at the "Lion King"? That is no match for what you're going to see in this latest film of Peter Jackson. I was at the edge of my seat when the panic-stricken brontosaurus fled from their habitat.

Number Deux: Now this is my favorite part. The T-Rex battle. I won't be giving out anything more (no spoilers here, doncha worry) but I am pretty sure, this will WIN in the next MTV Awards' "Best Action Scene". If you plan to go to the restroom, be sure you won't do it during this magnificently executed fight scenes. Kong rocks!!!


Number Tatlo: Two scenes made me cry a bucket. When Kong was being captured and of course, during the final scene. Oh man, I really can't help it. I love animals... even huge ones! I remember I also cried when I saw the 1976 version of "King Kong", starring Jessica Lange. In that final scene, you could hear the heartbeat of Kong slowly fading =o(

Number Four: I love the scene when Kong was on top of a cliff, with Ann Darrow (Naomi Watts, who is sooooo beautiful in this movie) in his arms, and appreciating one of God's beautiful gifts to us... the sunset. It was repeated in the final scene. But this time, it's the sunrise, and the two characters were on top of the Empire State building. Beautiful moments.


If you're wondering where you've seen Lumpy the Cook (the guy with one eye shut) before, well, he's Mr. Andy Serkis. Doesn't ring a bell yet? Gollum. There! He's also the guy behind the facial expressions of the endearing Kong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home