\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bukayo, Anyone?

During lunchtime yesterday, Noel saw some bukayo (grated coconut cooked with sugar) on our pantry table. He told me about his childhood days when he used to eat bukayo with rice. I said, "what?" I really couldn't believe it. I wasn't aware that bucayo can be a good viand.

A few minoots later, Randy and Earl joined us. Randy, too, shared his experience in the province where he also used to eat bucayo for viand. Sometimes, he had salt with rice too or mangoes or bananas. Sumpthin that I haven't tried yet.

Randy mentioned that he's from Rizal. I asked about my birthplace. He informed me that "Pasig, Rizal" is now "Pasig City". My jaw dropped. "Whaaaat?!!!!" It's an interesting day indeed.

Before we finished our chit-chat, Bimbo saw the bucayo and exclaimed, "I used to have this with rice!"

I rest my case ;oP

2 Comments:

Blogger itsme_apaul said...

I never had bukayo with rice myself but il be willing to try hehehe can u send me some lol. I've seen people eat bukayo with anything that will suit there taste buds yum . you made me hungry lol.

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have bukayo with rice when I was a child, too! I don't know, maybe it's because I was so young that I like the taste of it. But now? hmmm.. i'll try again..

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home