\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, January 22, 2006

You Made Us Proud, Pacman!


It's 8 o'clock in the morning and I woke up to Candy's requesting everyone to wake up. Forced myself to go back to slumber. Only had 4 hours of sleep, for Pete's sake!!! And so when I opened my eyes again, it's already 9 and I was alone in the room. Called Beng and asked where they were. I brushed my teeth and had brekky. Well, what's left of Nikks' breakfast that is. I had a super bland ham & cheese sandwich. Didn't know that I still had to request for mayo and catsup to go with my sandwich. Bummer! Jun & Mike played billiards and the ladies played pingpong.


Later on, we swam in the pool again. Some Koreans were checking out the shell items being sold and one Korean guy was having his pedicure. These guys were here for the wakeboarding services that the resort offers. In fact, we're pretty sure that that's the reason why the group of BJ was here too.


We (minus Tabel) checked out the beach. According to a big signpost, it's the South China Sea. Unfortunately, it was still low tide so we had to walk a mile before we found a suitable place for swimming. We found a few starfishes (remembered Zambales) too.


Around noon, we decided to walk back. Manny Pacquiao was scheduled to have his rematch with Erik Morales in a little while. While walking on the dark sand, we noticed some movements. These bluish crablets were walking in groups. 'twas amazing to watch.


While waiting for the rematch, we watched some guys wakeboarding. Tim Cone was good. Geoff fell many times. The Koreans were pretty good. I wanted to try it though. Maybe next time.


The main event that Filipinos have been waiting for started around 1. When the Philippine national anthem was sung, tears rolled down the face of Manny. An ole-looking Jon Secada sang both Mexican and US national anthems. Honestly, at first I rooted for Morales. But when I saw how determined Pacquaio was to win this rematch, my heart went out to him.

We prevented ourselves from reading text messages to avoid spoilers. Some people just don't have enuff courtesy of letting others enjoy the element of surprise.

Our welcome drinks that were supposed to be given last night were delivered to us this afternoon too. I also ordered adobong pusit but it ain't good. Bleh!

We all jumped for joy when his battle ended on the 10th round. Yahoo!!!


Had our photos taken before leaving the resort.

On our way home, we saw 2 fights on separate occasions. One involved a group of men and the other was two kids throwing punch at each other. Tsk! tsk! tsk!

We had our uber late lunch at ChowKing in Tagaytay. I had noodles, boneless bangus, and kangkong with bagoong. Bought some pasalubong before heading back to Makati.

Reached Cityland around 7:30. "All By Myself" was being played on the radio when I left Tabel all alone. How appropriate!

Heard mass at Don Bosco. Was tearful when "Offer My Life" was sung.

Gave Arlyn my pasalubong after mass.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Manny! You make the country PROUD! Ang galing talaga ng Pinoy, lalo na pagdating sa labanan!

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home