\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe


I wasn't able to watch this movie when it was played here in the metro last holiday season. Am delighted that I finally got to see it this weekend in Bulacan. Brought my laptop with me so I can watch movies that I missed ;oP

Thanks to Lala, I have read all chronicles already. I've also seen a local musicale presented here a few years ago. Trumphets staged it, if I'm not mistaken. The costumes there were not so good. Aslan (played by Gimora) was disappointing. But the Snow Queen, played by Menchu Lauchengo, was really good.

Otay, let's go back to the movie. The train scene reminded me so much of Harry Potter traveling to Hogwarts. But instead of Harry, Hermione, and Ron characters, we have here Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy (played by Georgie Henley, oh so adorable!). She reminds me of a very young Drew Barrimore in E.T.

The CGI beavers are pretty cute. The Snow Queen, played by Tilda Swinton, was just fine. Her elaborate gowns & makeup were a far cry from "Young Adam". And finally, we have an Aslan in Liam Neeson's voice. Would really love to hug that huge mane ;oP

Father Christmas looks like one of those homeless people in New York. Quite disappointing. The creatures in the Snow Queen's entourage weren't really that scary. I was more scared in the tribesmen in "King Kong".

I really like the battle scene. Even the beavers fought! The phoenix & the griffins were awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home