\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mee-you-nik

Another Steven Spielberg film? Hmmm... his last, "War of the Worlds", was just otay for me. I thought of giving him another chance in this Eric Bana starrer.

The film is very graphic. I wonder how many cuts the movie took when it was shown here in Manila. Spielberg never shies away from letting his audience see how someone gets killed realistically. One memorable scene involves a half-naked woman.

I like the composition of Avner's (Eric Bana) team. They're definitely NOT the ones you will find in Melrose Place. But what's the latest James Bond (Daniel Craig) doing in this film? He was underutilized.

I like how Spielberg presented the human side of his characters. My favorite is when Avner calls his wife and he got to talk to his daughter for the first time. Very touching indeed.

The garden scene reminded me of "The Godfather". The retribution involving a phone and a little girl reminded me of a scene from "Crash". Why is it that our hearts race when a little child is about to get killed?

One final note to Spielberg: Whhhhyyy mix the love scene with the brutal airport killing? Lapse in judgment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home