\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Congratulations, Bok & Sym!

Cathy and I reached Mt. Carmel Church in New Manila a few minoots before 3:30. For the first time, I was early for sumpthin. Teehee... The church was huge. I quickly searched for a familiar face besides the bride & the groom but got no luck (later on, I saw Jao). Calla lilies were used as aisle decorations. People were dressed in formal suits. Ladies wore light blue gowns.



After "Canon" by Johann Pachelbel was played, the beautiful Sym walked down the aisle. Bok, on the other hand, was dashing in his black suit. The ringbearer was adorable.


The priest reminded the couple that there should be mutual love, fidelity, and help in a marriage. There ain't no "expiration date" either.


I was waiting for the priest to announce, "and now you may kiss the bride!", but that didn't happen. A few times when the couple kissed, Sym would cover their faces with the bouquet she was holding. That elicit some laughter from the audience ;oP

I was glad that some of the songs ("On My Way to You" and "The Promise") played during the wedding service were familiar to me.

After the photo sessions, the couple went out and released the doves. One landed near my back, was hit by a stick, and was quickly snatched by a kid. Poor bird =o(

Reception was held at the back of the church. Pretty convenient! Sym & Bok had some nice photos displayed at the reception lobby. Cathy and I got table 15. We shared it with some ex-work mates of Sym from Canon and ex-classmates too. The centerpiece was 4 different sized candles with a beach motiff. There's also a piece of paper, with a photo of Sym & Bok attached, where you can leave your messages for the lovely couple.

They presented an AVP showing the couple's individual pictures from childhood to present. In one of the photos, our Palawan photo was shown. Right, it's pre-Knottydon era. Here it is:


Some family & friends delivered their short speeches. When Sym's mom was reading hers, she cried and couldn't continue anymore. One of the aunts named Tita Pinky came to her rescue.

For the photo op session, they called one table at a time. After the session, the members of that table proceeded to the buffet table. When our time came, I got some rice, beef in gravy-like sauce, battered chicken, pasta, mashed potato, and a silvanas-looking dessert.

After awhile, I saw the newly-weds having their dinner. They must be really hungry. The photo sessions could be really tiring ;oP

Instead of the typical bouquet toss, they did sumpthin different. They called several single ladies. The women passed around the bouquet and whoever got the flowers when the music stops was eliminated. Then it's the bachelors' turn. Thank gawd my name wasn't called (will regret this later). They handed out several shotglasses and informed the guys not to smell the liquid. They drank the shots together. If I knew there'd be drinking involved, I would have presented me-self. Teehee... Otay, most of the guys got water. One lucky guy got a gin. There was a twist though in these games. They reversed the rule when only two were left.

The cutting of the three-layer cake came and the toast. The couple looked very comfortable with one another but Sym's shy nature shows when glasses were clinked. Bok sometimes provided the entertainment. The ceremony in itself is simple but it's very fun to see two souls bound by love. I love weddings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home