\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Haberdey, Nikks!

Around 8, I proceeded to Richmonde Hotel for Nikk's birthday party. Again, I had no clue where it was so I kept on texting my friends on how to freakin' get there. I got off at MRT Shaw station, passed through Shangri-La mall, and then just walked to the hotel.

When I went inside Suite 1111 (cool hotel number), I saw Beng, Ning, Table, Paul & Kate, Bulilit, Jhie, Oyo (Nikks' kid), and the birthday celebrator, Nikks, in a revealing top. I was with her when she bought this nice dress last Friday. We had our group photo. I washed my face before leaving the unit.

Played with Oyo at the hotel lobby. At first, the kid found my dreadlocks scary but after awhile, he warmed up to me.


We waited for Mike Viray to arrive before we left for Dencio's, Metrowalk. Mike & I hitched a ride with Paul & Kate.

While waiting for our table at Dencio's, many people arrived: Chris (Jhie's boyfriend), Jack, Pao, and fresh from Japan, Earl (who gained some pounds). According to him, he's a second Donish Balanish in Japan ;oP

We pre-ordered sinigang na belly (a must-try!), sisig, grilled pusit, adobong kangkong, and crispy pata.


We finally got our table around 10ish. Everyone was famished already. Nikks had to feed Oyo first before eating her dinner. Good thing, Ning and Chris entertained the kid for her. Later on, Marc Gorospe with his wife arrived.

Many people, like Ning and some guys, left after dinner. I carried a sleeping baby in my arms. We continued the fun at the suite provided by Nikks' friend, Karen. Joel, who came from a massage session, and Mike Wong joined us too. I set up our MagicSing and gave the microphone to Earl. Chose the song, "To Where You Are", as the first song of the night.

We had weng-weng and some San Mig Light for our booze. I brought some Gudang for our smokes.


And to fully greet Nikks, we sampled her birthday cakes. One read, "Happy 30th birthday, Chikinikki", and the other read, "Mary Palmer Enjoy Yourself". That got me laughing. Some people got it and laughed too. For those who didn't get it, Mike provided the visuals and some tried to explain it too. Teehee....


Singing continued. I dedicated "I'd Still Say Yes" and "Chikinini" to Nikks. Pictures were taken. A lot of chit-chats. Many were interested in Earl's trip.

Later that night, it was only Jhie & Chris, Mike W., Joel, Beng, Nikks, and I who were left standing. Table, after singing some songs like "The Power of Love" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" with me, dozed off already with Oyo. We had some very interesting discussions that centered on relationships.

Tabel re-appeared and joined in the chat. Found out later that she was having bad dreams.

The talk ended around 5:30 in the morning already. I slept on the couch. Mike positioned himself on the floor. Nikks, Beng, and Table shared the bed with Oyo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home