\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Welcome to Christian World, Eeisha!!!

On a Saturday, I normally awake around noon. Today's different. I'll be attending the baptismal of my good friend's baby so I have to be prepared by 9:30. I also don't have a clue as to where the church is located. It's somewhere in Timog...

Anyhoo, I woke up at 7 and cooked breakfast. Left my pad at 10 am. No traffic except the Cubao area. Reached St. Paul Cathedral a few minoots after 10:30. I saw our kid neighbor, Allen, already waiting outside. I handed Eeisha's gift to him. Hate carrying stuff.

Inside the church, I saw Elisha's parents, Mon & Nimfa, plus some neighbors. Manang Ateng, Nimfa's mom was waiting patiently too.

We still had to wait till 11 before the baptismal rites started. Our dentist barkada, Jayson, was one of the godfathers too. There were 2 babies being christened.

It's my first time to attend a baptism. I've had godchildren before but unfortunately, I wasn't present during their christening.

The usual picture taking took place. I was able to hold Eeisha in one shot =oP I didn't forget to give Nimfa my "pakimkim" (thanks to Nikks for this advice).


Afterwards, we proceeded to Cabalen for our buffet lunch. More people arrived. I had bopis, kare kare, and bicol express. For dessert, I had halo-halo.

Around 2, Jayson, Allen, and I bid goodbye to Eeisha's family. Allen spent the afternoon at my place. I let him watched some teevee while I took a nap. We also had merienda at Red Ribbon before I met with my other friends for Nikks' birthday party. That story is in another entry ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home