\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Eight Below

During the first few seconds of the movie, I thought, "Why is Jason Biggs in this film?" Whenever I see him, his pie-humping scene comes to mind ;oP

Being an animal lover that I am, this is the type of film that I couldn't miss. For some reason, I thought of "Alive" while watching the film. Found out later that Frank Marshall directed "Alive" too. I was glad they showed some penguins. Love 'em.


Let's welcome the dogs. I remember Maya (the leader), Max (the pup in training), Jack (the oldest), Shorty (snow white), the twins, Truman & Dewey (the one with the cut), Shadow (the gray one), and Buck (the one who likes to lick Jason Biggs).

Maya, with the help of her team, did a good job at saving the life of the geologist. I thought Maya was the one left at the station but it was poor ole Jack. Max proved to be a good and compassionate leader. You'll definitely fall in love with the dogs! Not so much with the human actors. Jason Biggs was overacting & annoying (JarJar, the second).

There's this scene where I literally jumped out of my seat.

Whenever I see the number of days the dogs spent on their own, I get squeamish.

Bring your tissue 'cause, believe me, tears might fall... In movies like this, it would be more fun to watch with your dogs beside ya. 'Cause after watching it, you'll miss your pets. I wanna hug my dogs in Bulacan ;oP

I did my research on the real story behind the film. There's this two Japanese scientists who were forced to leave their station 'cause of a blizzard. Sadly, all 15 sled dogs couldn't fit in the plane. Just like in the film, they chained the dogs to posts thinking a rescue team would be back soon. The storm prevented it from happening. After 11 months, the scientists were shocked to find 2 survivors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home