\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Passion of the Christ, Second Time Around

Since I finished all season 2 episodes of "Beauty and the Geek" yesterday, I have no more movies to watch. Instead, I cleaned up my system. Defragmented and deleted some old files.

Searched around the house and found a VCD of "The Passion of the Christ". Took a quick shower first. Popped the CD into my laptop. And enjoyed the film for the second time. I was more observant of the technical aspects, this time.

No matter how many times I watched this movie, the hooded persona of evil was still eerie. I forgot if the actual actor's a he or she. If he's an actor, then he's a beautiful man. But he's scary in this film. The serpent that he unleashed in the garden didn't look venomous at all. A cobra would be more terrifying.

Funny how Jesus clicked on the ignore button on the devil in the garden when he was praying. Malchus, the guard whose ear got a second chance, was stunned when Jesus healed him. I wonder what happened to him. Did he leave his troops?

I like how the movie breaks the heavy moments. It's pretty cool that they showed the carpentry skills of JC. Love the eyes!

My first set of tears flowed when Jesus was beaten helplessly by the people. It's very sad how oftentimes we do things that can hurt Jesus =o(

Make a choice: Barabbas, a murderer, or Jesus, a "blasphemer" and an "impostor". Hello???

The scourging at the pillar was very intense. That's where my tears flowed down uncontrollably. Had to stop the film and got myself some coffee.

The hand that drew the line for Magdalene's attackers was the director's, Mel Gibson.

I like how Jesus accepted His cross.

When Jesus fell for the third time, the wounded eye shifted from right to left. Hmmm...

Crying moment once again when Jesus was nailed. Heavy, heavy scene.

During filming, Jim Caviezel was struck by lightning when he was on the cross.

After looking at the credits, I found out that the satan was played by Rosalinda Celentano. I wonder how she explains to casting directors that she was satan in her last film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home