\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Team Building for the 3rd Time (Day Three)

It's graduation time. But before we celebrated it, we had one last major topic--Communication. We learned that words only comprise 7% of effective communication. The rest? Non-verbal (includes tone, gestures, and body language).

Mims then asked us to form a circle. We'll be given numbers and our goal is to form a circle in the correct number order. The catch is we're all blindfolded and we couldn't speak. If anyone utters a single word, Mims will deduct 5 minutes from the original 30-min allotment. Since Raz didn't bring a blindfold, she automatically became one of the coaches. Vee and Dennis joined her.

I blindfolded myself and made sure that I couldn't see a thing. Somebody gave me my number--17. When Mims said, "Start", we shut our mouths and started to move around. I found 16 after some tries.

When 30 minoots came, we took our blindfolds off and found ourselves in spiral formation. 18 didn't reach me. It was Nikks. She's far away from our group, composed of Adrian 15 and Mikee 16. 14 (Franco) wasn't anywhere near either.

For the second chance, Mims informed us that we could plan this time. Some offered suggestions. In short, we finally did it in 12 minoots. Whew!

For our last exercise, we formed two lines. To the person across us, we would state 3 things: what we're sorry for, what we're thankful for, and what support we need from the other person. It was a good experience. It was fun to say some nice stuff to my friends: Raz, Ogz, Nikks, Beng, Ning, Sherwin, Mama Butch, and Earl.

When I was talking to Nikks, I saw her eyes brimming with tears. I thought I won't be able to speak. Thanked her for her friendship and the trust she gave me. One funny incident, when it was time for me to talk to Ken, I overheared him telling the person across him that he wanted to go for a quick bathroom break. I told him, "why not? let's go!" So we talked during the pee time ;oP

We enjoyed our graduation food later: pizza, spaghetti, pancit, and barbeques. We shared some funny experiences from the blindfold exercise too. During the exercise I hit someone and I heard a sickening, "ugh!". I apologize to whomever I hit. Must've been Candy. She complained about her throat. Hay caramba!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home