\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, April 14, 2006

Walk This Way

Mom asked me if I wanted to go to a procession today. It's an annual thingie and I thought, "what the heck!" Since I wasn't doing anything this afternoon 'cept watching a marathon of "Beauty and the Geek", I went to mass with her.

After the mass, people went outside and picked the float they prefer to walk along with. Mom wanted to be beside the dead-Jesus-in-glass-case float. I told her that that would be the most populated since it's a crowd favorite. I talked her into walking in between the Jesus carrying His cross and the dead Jesus. A good choice indeed.

Mom was carrying this huge scented orange candle. While I got a thin ordinary white candle. We didn't put any cardboard to guard us of melting wax. My hands took a beating. I actually have a joke there but I'll be good this time ;oP

While walking, I saw many people outside of their homes waiting for the procession to pass by. I wish they'd offer us sumpthin to drink or sumpthin, other than staring at us.

The procession lasted about an hour. We went back to the church to rest for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home