\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, May 01, 2006

Boracay, May 2006 (Day Four)

How time flies when you're on vacation! It's my second to the last day here in Boracay. What better way to spend it than to have my massage at Mandala Spa. Kuya advised me to take Shodhana Karma massage. Whaaat? I trust him so I took it.

Around 1, I walked to Mandala Spa. Couldn't get a ride with all the downpour. Been freakin' raining since this morning. Also, the power kept on failing. Crappy day indeed.

My friends were already waiting at the lobby. After my registration, we were given keys to the locker room. I took a shower. The liquid soap was quite cold to the guys down there, if you know what I mean =oP Earl didn't know how to put a sarong so I helped him out. He too felt the cold sensation. When Jojo appeared, he mentioned sumpthin about it too. That's really funny!

We were directed to a Yin Yan Pavilion where we had our massage. The other guys got the signature massage of Mandala Spa--sumpthin to try out for a first-timer. Instead of the usual oil, I was given sumpthin-sumpthin with sesame seed oil. 'twas a nice feeling. To compliment the mood, we could hear the rain & spa music in the background.

Afterwards, the therapists led the guys to the reception area once again where they would be sipping ginger tea (my favorite!). As for me, I was led to a lower level for my sauna.

I was offered two drinks by my therapist, Aya: ginger tea and cold water. I drank the tea first then I went inside the sauna. I could only stand up to 5 minoots inside the room. I left, drank some more tea, and had my warm shower.

Another scrub was next. This time, I got really scrubbed. My sunburn hurt but I didn't complain. I thought, "this is gooood for me". And then magic happened. Rain poured. Yep, while I was on the massage table, I felt pouring rain cleansing me body. If I were to utter a word, it would be, "WOW!"

I was advised to take another warm shower afterwards.

Then Aya asked me if I wanted to go for another sauna session. I stayed again for 5 minoots and took my warm shower for the last time. I drank the rest of my ginger tea and some agua.

Joined my friends later and paid for my treatment. Through Kuya, I was able to get 50% discount. Am so happy. Since my friends were with me, they were given a good discount too. Whoooopeee!


I left a feedback regarding the free sarong. For a frequent client like me, it would be really cool if I could choose a color. Y'see when you open your locker, it has a sarong inside and a pair of slippers. They don't tell you that you can actually pick a sarong color. Now I know it IS possible. Yay! So far, I've got orange, dark blue, light blue, and yellow (latest). Will get a black one next time.

We couldn't leave Mandala Spa yet because of heavy rain. Earl and Ogz flirted with Michelle for awhile ;oP

Went back home and rested some more. I shared my wonderful massage story with Kuya and he told me that the Shodhana Karma won the best massage treatment in Asia. No wonder! I really, really advise you, guys, to try it once you visit Bora. I don't mind having round 2 ;oP

Angela was feeling better after being given some medicine. She was in dextrose last night =o( She got dehydrated. Andrew, Kuya's boss, was very generous to bring the doctor to the house for her checkup. He also brought some food, a bestselling Phad Thai from Mandala Spa restaurant.

Normally I'd take Kuya and family for dinner especially on my last night in Bora. But since Angela was still recovering, Kuya and I just decided to buy her some food. Kuya's been telling me about this Bamboo place so we tried it.

When we got there, there was a group of people having dinner and that's it. We've got the place to ourselves. The place was decorated with bamboo, of course. But what made it more cool is the red finish. Red bamboo is hot!



We ordered yang chow fried rice, crispy fried noodles, some chicken soup, and sweet & sour fish fillet. While waiting for our food, a Labrador named Apo appeared. I couldn't resist, of course, so I played with the dog even though he kept on scratching.

The food was good. I would've enjoyed it more if not for my aching tooth. I dunno where that came from. It just hurt all of a sudden.

We brought the leftover food to Angela and them kids. I got a message from Ogz that they're at Pier One. The problem at Kuya's place is that it's not that accessible. If you say "Tulubhan" to a tricycle driver, he would just ignore you as if you have uttered gibberish. Sometimes I take a motorcycle ride but it costs 100 bucks. I declined the invitation and just played with the kids.

I taught Lance how to use an ole Nido lid as a frisbee. Need to remind myself to bring him a better frisbee next time. Fiona participates in the game too. Nuthin beats a kid's laughter. It just melts your heart. I also enjoy when they put powder on my back ;oP We also sing ABCs and I help them count. Fiona skips the number 12 everytime.


I also started watching the teen edition of "Pinoy Big Brother". The local cable in Aklan provides a 24-hour viewing of this show. One thing I noticed is that the crew sucks! They don't capture who's talking fast enuff. They focused on a character even though that person ain't doin a thing. It bores a viewer like me. And the cameras are not positioned properly to capture some good moments. Crap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home