\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Caregiver for a Day

One of the things that I like to do when I visit my mom at her work place is I feed them kids. In return, they massage & tickle my feet and pull out my gray hair.

Last Sunday, I spent some time with the kids. I distributed their food. They had pork sinigang for lunch. It's nice that they say grace before meals. I kept telling them to finish everything. Some kids didn't like the chunky pork fat. I asked around who wanted it and gave them the unwanted portion.
There was a small kid named Jopet whom I spoonfed.

Since I brought my laptop with me, some of the older kids watched "Scary Movie 4" with me.

Before I left, I taught them how to dance the Igorot way. I've done some Igorot dancing in the ole days so that helped ;oP

These kids, by the way, are either: (a) abandoned, (b) neglected, (c) orphaned, or (d) pulled out from the streets. It's nice that a government facility gives them education, food, clothing, and a chance to have a normal decent life. A lot of foreigners have already taken care of these kids. In some cases, the original parents take them back.

2 Comments:

Blogger itsme_apaul said...

YOUR A GOOD LOOKING GUY WITH A GOOD HEART :).WALANG KOKONTRA.

MISS YOU

11:45 AM  
Blogger Olive Joy said...

time spent with kids renews the spirit. i'm glad i found the kid hiding under all that hair.
;)

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home