\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

It's been awhile since I last read the book. I forgot all the details already. So watching the movie today was like watching it with fresh set of eyes (& mind).

Am quite impressed with the cast. I like watching the character of Paul Bettany, Silas, on the big screen. He's got this magnetic presence. Everytime I see Alfred Molina, his Dr. Octopus character comes to mind though. Ian McKellen was great, as expected.

Ron Howard used a lot of ghostly flashbacks. There's one scene that showed Silas dipping his fingers on the holy water. I really like that shot. Also, there were a lot of funny side comments from the main characters.

They added a scene in the movie that would sorta balance it out. And never forget, it's just a freakin' movie. Faith shouldn't get affected by watching a FICTIONAL film. I really don't understand the uproar.

After the movie, 4 people from the audience (from different sections) clapped. It was funny because nobody followed after them. I feel sorry for them ;oP

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele Boselli said...

ciao

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home