\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Friday Gimmick

Tabel, Bulilit, Nikks and I watched the latest Hollywood version of "Poseidon" last Friday. It's been awhile since my friends and I went out for a Friday gimmick. So good to be out getting fresh night cold air.

We bought our tickets first before we had our dinner at Food Choices. I even saw my cousin, Dennis, having a discussion with his friends.

When we went inside the theatre a few minoots before the movie started, it was 97% full. Nikks had to rush to get our seats. Good thing she was quick. She sat down right away and the girl, who was also rushing to get the same seat, just stood there shocked. She was a second too late. Boohoo.

Otay, let's talk about the movie. Josh Lucas played the hero. Quite good at it. I was looking for a fat lady but sadly, they didn't reprise her role. A lot of familiar faces in the cast: Freddie Rodriguez (Rico from "Six Feet Under"), Mia Maestro (Nadia from "Alias"), and Kevin Dillon (Drama from "Entourage").

When the in-house performer was called in, I didn't expect Fergie from Black Eyed Peas to appear. I was hoping her other group mates would come out any second and perform "Pump It". Teehee. Thought she would sing, "Morning After".

Some changes in the movie. There's a younger couple played by the girl from "Phantom of the Opera", Emmy Rossum, and some unknown guy. This unknown guy is the "swimmer" in the group. The role that used to be Shelly Winters'.

The youngest cast member didn't have an older sister. Instead, he has a hot mama (Lucas' love interest).

Richard Dreyfuss played the bachelor, this time. Instead of falling in love with the performer (who decided to stick it out with the captain), he fell for Elena (@@@@). Why do I get the feeling it's forced? Didn't see the connection at all.

I'm not convinced of Mia's performance as a damsel in distress. Too much Alias, I guess.

I think my favorite scene is the vent scene. Not for the claustrophic fans out there. Who would've thought that a simple cross pendant could do the trick?

It's a fast paced movie. One action scene after another. Not much time for character development. I like how they showed the boat's wicked amenities during the first few minoots of the film. I'm also happy that I was able to see the original so I could compare both.

After the movie, we (minus Bulilit, as always) joined our friends, Beng & Paul, at Cena. While walking towards Cena, Tabel and Nikks were role playing. It was hilarious. Can't reveal what the storyline was about.

We ordered frozen zombie and GinPo. The latter was too sweet but good. We had two of those. A must try.

We spotted Carlo's (Joy's ex, ladies & gentlemen) group in the crowd. He's with Eric, an ex-Enterworks.

Around 1 am, we decided to dance a bit at Vodka Bar. The guy at the door and the lady by the restrooms still recognize me. It's funny that the place was deserted. That didn't stop us from shaking our booties though. I love dancing with Beng and Nikks. They really move to the groove.


Later on, Carlo's group was just a table away. One of their friends danced with Nikks.
Around 2 am, the waitress asked what my order is. I told her, "Light". Instead of just one bottle, she gave me two. Turned out that at 2 in the morning, it's buy-one-take-one beer. Sweet!

Before 3, we left the place. The ladies and I grabbed a bite first at Goodah. I was craving for noodles but instead I had a combo meal (longanisa, tapa, shanghai, and an egg). Beng gobbled her goto. Boy, she was hungry too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss friday night outs!!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger tabel said...

sayang augster di pala tayo nakapag-night out nung andito kayo. tsk tsk tsk

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home