\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, May 25, 2006

X-Men: The Last Stand (Lacks Punch)

Since there wasn't AI last night*, I thought of watching "X-Men" instead. Plus, not having a 100%-working airconditioner sucks!

If you haven't seen the movie yet, don't read further anymore.

Of course, it's fun to see the characters we all came to love: Wolverine, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Storm (with a new stylish haircut), Cyclops (albeit cut short), Prof. X, and Magneto.

The introduction of Beast in the movie triggered my vertigo.

I like the new character, Angel (Ben Foster), but they didn't use him much. He's so good at HBO's "Six Feet Under" as Claire's gay boyfriend.

I like that they showed the friendship between Magneto and Professor X. There's a surprise ending on Magneto during the last frame so never leave the theatre until the fat lady sings. Actually, some people already left last night even before the movie ended. After reading some reviews, I found out that there's still something I missed. It was shown after the credits. Crap!

The highlights for me: Jean Grey's house makeover scene (too intense!) and seeing Mystique turning into a human being =oP

I think the problem is, I expected so much from this third (& final?) installment.

* found out later from Nikks that there was AI and it's Performance Night. Bummer! I missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home