\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, June 02, 2006

3 Servings of Firewall

It's my first time to watch a movie in 3 seatings. I just started this Paul-Bettany marathon. After watching him in "The Da Vinci Code", I thought of watching his past films. Jayjay gave me his copy of "Wimbledon" today. I plan to watch it this weekend.

Now let's go back to "Firewall". I seldom watch Harrison Ford movies. But casting him as Jack Stanfield was a good decision for the movie maker. The audience could relate to his role. He was believable when he couldn't figure out what to do next. When he makes a brave move, I could almost hear the audience cheering for him.

Mary Lynn Rajskub, Chloe from Fox's hit show "24", was perfect for the role of Janet Stone. She's funny without trying too hard. She might get typecast as a geek woman though. When she says, "Jack", in the movie, I was expecting Jack Bauer to appear. Teehee.

Some small details they put in: the failed escape of Jack's family was a good touch (heck, getaways cannot be successful all the time); the villain eating a cookie; the delapidated car of Janet (a good reality check); Jack's fumbling scene was funny; and all throughout the fight scene, Jack was wearing his ID. That made me laugh.

When a whimpering Rusty was walking all alone, I bet ya uttered, "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww" too ;oP

Watch out for the mano-a-mano fight scene of Jack and Cox. 'twas well executed. I think the actors did their own stunts in most of it.

The scene where Rusty was walking behind the family and he looked at his owner/trainer before proceeding was PRICELESS! That's my favorite scene ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home